Tuesday 2 November 2010

My initial thoughts on Communication Technologies


After reading the Course Reader on Professional Communication Technologies I now understand the difference from the web tools 1.0 to 2.0 and I can see how reliant on these tools I have become. I feel nowadays the performance industry is so fast paced and without realising it I have become very reliant on the Web using it everyday as a very important tool. As a performer I am constantly using web 2.0 tools to communicate with potential employers to maximise my career potential. I find the need to have constant access in particular to my email, facebook in order for me to increase my chances in securing work and making important contacts. I have found that a lot of opportunities can be missed if a quick response isn’t given.  My eyes have definitely been opened to the importance of Web 2.0 with its place in professional practice and how and I should use it to develop my own career.  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for that post Rebecca...in what way do you use web 2.0 and social media to present your professional profile? Is your professional profile different to your personal profile?

    ReplyDelete