Tuesday 26 October 2010

Professional Profile 1a Second Draft

I trained at the Hammond School, Chester on a Combined Classical & Musical Theatre Course graduating in 2005 with a National Diploma in Professional Dance.

Over this time I had the opportunity to perform in a wide variety of performances with my training credits including; ‘Diana Morales’ in Chorus Line (Theatre Clwyd); Hot Box Girl, ‘Guy & Dolls’(Gateway Theatre); Soloist and Vocalist Taudevin (Uk Tour); Dancer/Ensemble in adapted ‘Footloose’, ‘Hairspray’ and ‘42nd Street’ production (Theatre Clwyd).

I have worked professionally for over five years as a Singer/Dancer. My Theatre credits including: Dancer/Ensemble, ‘Night of Stars' for the Tsunami Appeal (Palace Theatre, Manchester). This was a Celebrity Charity event showcasing scenes from musicals including ‘Oliver’,' Chicago' and ‘Grease'. This was a very rare opportunity for me to work alongside truly inspiring people and one which will stay with me for a long time.

Other credits include Cabaret shows with LucyScott Productions (Lead Singer/Dancer) learning over 12 full shows performing 6 nights a week; Worldwide corporate events for Universal Dance Creations (UDC).My Television credits Include: ‘Night of Stars for Tsunami Appeal’ (GMTV) Interview and a full dance routine from the show choreographed by 'Danny Crossley'

Most recently I have had the opportunity to become Choreographer and Lead vocalist for Pulse media in the National Theatre Touring Show 'Summer Night City'. I have had a very creative input from costume design to the more technical side dealing with lighting and sounds checks which has really opened up a new side of Theatre for me.

Alongside performing I have always kept a connection with my love of teaching in a wide variation of styles from Classical Ballet to Singing. I get so much enjoyment and satisfaction from passing on my knowledge to others and watching their continued progression.

2 comments:

  1. Rebecca I like that you are making changes - up to you what changes. I think drafting a CV can be really difficult because computers have meant that everything can be quite slick. Would not at this point in time your professional work go before your training? this was a point that came up when I used to work as a coordinator and in the digital editing business people wanted to see show reels of professional work and put the training as second to that. A bit different here but you do have a of leading roles and professional experience to note? Like the end - but actually like the About Me to the right as well.. i.e. the use of phrase 'vocal coach'. Also like to image - seems to go with vocal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca

    I have recently just posted my CV on my blog and thought I would look at a few others to get some ideas on what works well on a CV!

    I really like your last few blogs with your development of your CV/Profile and seeing the difference between the 2! Your 1st CV is well formatted and clear of your achievements and performance history whereas your profile does give a more personal touch and creates more insight into your background and what you feel of your achievements, making it more interesting for the reader. I believe they are both practical and clever in different ways and for different occasions. I believe your 2nd profile suits a blog environment whereas the CV gives a more
    professional touch.

    You have now inspired me to try and write a profile of my own with a more personal touch. I hope when I have posted it you can have a read and let me know your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete