Tuesday 4 January 2011

Critical Questions and issues that emerge Task 3d



Sharing my ideas with others has definitely changed my planning process at times because I have gained new ideas and perceptions seeing how they will be interpreted on mass. First impressions aren’t always the best and when I’ve not known somebody very well it has take another to reassure me that their methods were in fact sound and my judgement was changed because I kept an open mind.
I believe in the past others have been willing to assist me because they potentially have been in my position and know what difference advice can make. As performers we all worry about finding that next job and sometimes sharing these concerns can help. In the past I’ve been given great advice helping me decide what my next plan of action was. I believe naturally performers work as a team because there is more satisfaction and feeling of involvement to be gained. If you choose to journey alone it would make boring conversation. I believe we all seek some form of validation whether it be applause or constructive criticism we want to feel part of something knowing we’ve made a difference. 

The use of critical reflection helps me to decide what really matters and know what action to take. Whether or not I put this decision into action is another matter though. Knowing something and actually acting on it is two very different things which is something I have realised since starting this course. I feel I could be more assertive and follow through with more of my ideas following my gut instincts.

The concept that cooperation can assist me has definitely made me see how productive it can be for me professionally making me appreciate my affiliates and network of friends more now. Knowing if we work together giving support and assistance everyone stands to gain from it professionally. I won’t use somebody just for my personal gain rather I give help in the hope that it will come back to me when I need it the most.

The reason I am happy to cooperate and assist others is because I know what it feels like to need help. I remember when I first graduated I had no idea what direction to go in and where to even start looking for auditions or an agent. With the support of older performers I was able to find my footing and establish myself firmly within the performance industry. I have to give many thanks to my past and current supportive community.

Now reflecting on my opinions before this part of the module I do feel differently. I am able to question my decisions and finds answers and ways of improving my techniques. A whole new appreciation for my knowledge and web based technologies has been formed. I didn’t realise how much I knew and had readily available to assist me in my professional practice.
I am more likely to network and share information with people I trust and respect. I have realised that at times that I have put others before my own needs and since suffered for my kindness. I have discovered a need for assertiveness on my part by going and getting what I want not stopping my progression to help others along the way. I’m hindering my own progress through kindness if I do this.
I do believe my engagement with others is appropriate making the most of my networking skills.  My engagement isn’t limited to one particular networking process as I do try to use a varied medium in order to maximise my range of opportunities. My engagement is unplanned at times so I feel I could get into a better routine where I’ll try to connect with others in my networks more often and efficiently.

I am now going to explore other people’s blogs to follow up new ideas and discussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment