Thursday 29 December 2011

Casting director observations (Youtube - Interview Questions)

I found early on when reflecting on my inquiry focus groups and interviews data I was able to gain a vast array of opinions from sources such as; performing arts teachers, professional performers, training performers and performing arts teachers in training. This was mainly from within my professional network. Although I had only been able to gain two separate casting professionals input via interviews. I felt that in order to bring a more balanced outlook for my inquiry answering 'Does a teaching role within the arts impede the opportunity to perform' there must be another way for me to seek casting professionals opinions outside of my professional network.

After some consideration I searched on youtube viewing over twenty different casting professional’s videos sharing opinions and experiences in the hope of answering any of my interview questions to potentially bring further insight to my inquiry. Interview questions for casting directors and chorographers:

http://interviewquestionsforacastingdirectorchoreographer.wikispaces.com/

Unfortunately after searching for sometime it became apparent that this process wasn’t going to be very successful proving too vague for my inquiry to substantiate my findings further. Also I felt it wasn’t informative enough to find any conclusive evidence to answer my questions regarding whether a teaching role within the arts impedes the opportunity to perform. However I did find a lot of advice when preparing for auditions do's and don’ts tricks of the trade if you like. All of which I found extremely interesting and on mass I believe could be used as compelling evidence/advice to integrate as part of my professional artefact.

With my inquiry being so specific I was unable to further my reach to more casting professionals. However I do believe it has brought further insight, beyond my own professional network, connecting me to leading professionals with years of experience in the performing arts industry sharing their views and advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment