Wednesday 8 December 2010

Task 2a Journal writing experiences so far

I have really enjoyed starting to make entries into my journal, who knew I could have so much to say.I have never considered writng a journal with the view to look at my professional conduct before.I have kept diaries/scrap books in the past but only to mark a particular event with photographs usually for sentimental reasons.
If for instance a difficult situation arose at work I am the type of person who would try to deal with it there and then so I could put it to rest and not have it playing on my mind.Now having an actual account that I can reflect on when I'm in a different mind set has opened my eyes to the potential benefit these journal entries can have.Hindsight is a great thing and I've found myself thinking I wish I would had said something else or acted differently afterwards. I intend to use each entry to learn more about my professional behaviour and take positive steps to understanding my actions/reactions and use the lessons I learn for positive change.

Putting pen to paper in the past has been challenging but with this task the words seem to flow easily I really have found a way in which I can express my feelings without caution or fear of being judged as they are private to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment